LAKE SPRINGFIELD CHILI CHALLENGE
Council of Lake Springfield Clubs
Chili Challenge Rules
1. $10.00 entry fee for each Chili Challenge participant will be used by the Lake Council to cover costs of the event.
2. Public Welcome. Admission fee of $3.00 will entitle attendees to taste chili samples and vote three times for their favorite chili recipe or the most creatively decorated/themed cook/chili cooking area. Additional votes (tickets) can be purchased for $1.00 each. Proceeds from the door will be awarded, as follows, after the finals which will be held on March 8, 2020:
* 50% collected will be split by the Boy Scouts of America Abraham Lincoln Council Camp Illinek.
* Remaining 50% will be awarded 1/3 to each:
* Popular vote
* Best Theme.
3. All entrants must be members of a Lake Springfield club, SUSART, Power Squadron, Springfield Lake Shore Improvement Association or Abraham Lincoln Council. Completed entry forms and fees must be received one week before each regional date.
West Region South Region East Region
Jan. 26, 2020 Feb. 9, 2020 Feb. 23, 2020
at Aqua Club at K.C. Club at Elks Club
Firefighters/Postal Club Prop Club Anchor Boat Club
Motor Boat Club TRN Club Blue Ridge Club
Lake Press Club Ski & Boat Club Sangamo Surf Club
Abraham Lincoln Council
The winners from each region will compete in the final challenge
to be held March 8, 2020 at the Sangamo Surf Club
4. NO OPEN FLAME COOKERS WILL BE ALLOWED. Crockpots that do not exceed 400 watts should be used.
5. Prep work must be done prior to the start of the Challenge.
6. Each entrant should prepare at least one gallon of chili.
7. Chili samples must be ready to serve at 2:00 p.m. on Challenge day.
8. Lake Council will provide sample cups, spoons, voting containers and promotion for the event.
9. Votes will be counted at 4:00 p.m. on the day of the event.
10. Each Regional winner will be awarded $50.00 to help offset expenses of cooking twice.
Entry forms with $10.00 entrant’s fee should be returned to your club’s Lake Council delegate or delivered to regional host club or mailed to Brenda Clover-Altmix, 217-622-7445. Check should be made payable to: Council of Lake Springfield Clubs.
Forms are available at the KC club.